School of Medicine
Showing 1-3 of 3 Results
Alfred Woodley Salter and Mabel Smith Salter Endowed Professor in Pediatrics
Current Research and Scholarly Interests 1. Role of the G protein coupled receptors in regulating mitochondrial structure and function.
2. Differences between R and L ventricular responses to stress, including gene expression and miR regulation.
3. Using iPSC-derived myocytes to understand heart failure and congenital heart disease.
4. Tools for evaluation of cardiac physiology in transgenic mice and isolated cardiomyocytes.
5. Anti-body mediated rejection.
6. Biomarkers for post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorder.
Vivek Bhalla, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Nephrology)
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Dr. Bhalla's research interests are in the pathogenesis of diabetic kidney disease and salt-sensitive hypertension. Using molecular and transgenic approaches, the laboratory is interested in elucidating regulators of oxidative and carbonyl stress in glomeruli. We interface these studies with collaborative projects on biomarkers for human diabetic nephropathy.
The laboratory also focuses on molecular mechanisms of insulin and aldosterone-induced sodium transport in the distal nephron.
Instructor, Cardiovascular Institute
Current Research and Scholarly Interests Pharmacogenomics, patient-specific drug response, cardiac differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells using developmental biology paradigms, disease modeling, cardiotoxicity, electrophysiology