School of Medicine
Showing 1-10 of 69 Results
Basic Life Sci Res Assoc, Medicine - Med/Infectious Diseases
Current Role at Stanford Research Associate in the Department of Microbiology & Immunology studying the microbial communities associated with humans and marine mammals.
Crystal M. Botham, Ph.D.
Director of Strategic Research Development, Medicine - Med/Cardiovascular Medicine
Current Role at Stanford • Providing individualized grantsmanship assistance to postdoctoral fellows and faculty
• Editing and critically evaluating grant applications to improve funding potential
• Interpreting sponsor requirements and providing strategic advice
• Identifying a diverse portfolio of funding opportunities
• Designing and facilitating courses to enable postdoctoral fellows to develop competitive Career Development applications
• Developing and presenting at workshops on grant writing and proposal submission
• Coordinating completion of subcontracts and large collaborative projects
Deputy Director, Center for Innovation in Global Health, Medicine - Med/General Internal Medicine
Current Role at Stanford Deputy Director of the Center for Innovation in Global Health
CIGH is based in the medical school but works across the university, building a global health network, seeding research, and encouraging global health education and service.
Engineering Research Associate, Med/BMIR
Bio Alison Callahan is a research scientist at the Stanford Center for Biomedical Informatics and a member of the Shah Lab. Her research involves developing and applying informatics methods that enable translational discoveries in biomedicine.
Her research projects include RegenBase, a collaboration with the Miami Project to Cure Paralysis and Department of Computer Science at the University of Miami. RegenBase uses semantic technologies to aggregate and analyze experimental data in spinal cord injury research.
Alison completed her PhD in the Department of Biology at Carleton University in Ottawa, Canada. Her doctoral research focused on developing HyQue, a framework for representing and evaluating scientific hypotheses, and applying this framework to discover genes related to aging. She was also a developer for Bio2RDF, an open-source project to build and provide the largest network of Linked Data for the life sciences.